Also find me on Instagram (@jess.egan.art)

Summer in a snapshot

It has slightly amazed me that the last time I posted on my blog was June! But, when I really think about it, the last few months have filled with family life and work and days out and finding gaps within those times to paint or draw and so it was only inevitable that something would drop.  Still here I am... I promised myself that this year I would write more and chose my blog as the avenue for that and so keeping tabs is important to me but under the mindfulness rules of acceptance and kindness and 'no pressure!' I sort of made that last one up but it's in there in some way, you know what I mean.  

So I've picked two snapshots here (er technically 24... I know!) showing a little bit of my Instagram grid.  This is where most of my recording and writing goes on a day to day basis.  Instagram is like my online sketch book, which is what I had originally intended for this blog but that was before I had a decent phone with Instagram and knew of it's potential and immediacy and the amazing community that I was yet to meet.    It looks a little bit like the below.  I have only really been using it for a year and I enjoy the value in looking back at the changing colours and ideas that I have recorded.  It quite naturally follows the seasons which was only loosely an idea but has retrospectively been quite clear.   It's a bit of an eclectic feed, I have never been able to stick to one kind of art,  some days I like to record something as meticulously as I can in a drawing and others I like the challenge of a painting and others the only thing my soul needs is to throw paint at a canvas and express abstractly how I feel or what I see.  I also like to record gallery visits, other people's art, sketches and beautiful places, like a diary it keeps me thinking, reflecting and holding myself accountable to continuing my creativity which is pretty vital in my world.  My Instagram feed will show me that my summer has included art exhibitions - my own and others, beach trips, driving through the New Forest, selling artwork(!), blue skies and fresh produce, colour and caterpillars and boat rides and more.  And painting, definitely some painting!

So, if you come across this article and you fancy following my strange little adventures and ideas and seeing my drawings and paintings evolve then @jess.egan.art is the Instagram feed to look for, I look forward to seeing you there.

 

Comments

Popular Posts